A Breath of Fresh Air

Posted By lindsey on November 12th, 2013

Every year the middle to end of October always seems to be the busiest. And every year I tell myself that if I plan ahead everything will fall into place nicely, but that never seems to happen. I suppose I could blame my professors for all assigning the same due dates, but I have had all of my syllabi since the first day of classes so it is no one else’s fault but mine for waiting. Undoubtedly, the past month has been grueling, but I think the worst is behind me. It’s an amazing feeling being able to take a breath again!

October finished off with our annual Wicked Weekend. Because of it actually falling on Halloween weekend, CEN wanted to make it scarier than in years past, leading the committee to create the weekend’s tagline, “Roger Beware, You’re in for A Scare.” Attempting to make it as scary as possible, we showed The Conjuring twice to gear up for Saturday night’s speaker, Lorraine Warren. Lorraine Warren is a paranormal investigator who has been a part of extremely well known cases involving the paranormal, specifically the Amityville Horror and The Conjuring. The hype surrounding her arrival was amazing and the event successful thanks to the Where’s The Fun? committee. Wicked Weekend was most definitely one for the books. My co-chair and I are extremely fortunate to have such active committee members. Whether they’re willing to jump out of trap doors, hang from ceilings, arrive three hours prior to an event to set up, Wicked Weekend would be incomplete without them. With Halloween behind us, improvements noted and things to continue with written down, my co-chair, committee and I are on to my favorite week of the year, March Meltdown!

Also! I just finished paying off my trip with the university to Jamaica in January! Along with about ten other students and a faculty advisor, the university has given us an opportunity to fly to Montego Bay, Jamaica for ten days and travel inland to work with children with mental disabilities. A service-learning trip, we will be staying in homestays and immersing ourselves fully in Jamaican culture, while providing assistance to a rural community wherever needed while earning course credit. I am unbelievably excited to escape the winter and work within the community of Petersfield, but nervous because I’m not 100% sure what to expect. I have heard that I may not want to return! I’ll be sure to share every detail of what I’m sure is going to be a once in a lifetime experience. (Cliché I know…)

With everything that has been going on recently, I am sure I will have more updates soon!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Similar Posts