Junior Mints

Posted By lindsey on September 12th, 2013

Somehow I have managed to hit two milestones in the past month. One being that I can no longer say I’m a teenager, which didn’t feel all that odd until someone told me I was halfway to 40. The second milestone being I am also starting my third year of college…crazy! Before entering college a couple of years ago the major piece of advice I got was to not blink or I would miss it. I am pretty sure I shrugged everyone off thinking it was rather lame advice and that four years was still four years. Except now four years is two years, and actually having to prepare for the “real world” seems closer and closer.

The past few weeks have been full of RA training, staff bonding and CEN’s 1,2,3 weekend. At times training was exhausting, but also has me excited for the upcoming year. I’m fortunate to work with a staff that even after spending every waking moment with the past few weeks we still are a strong, cohesive team. And I have a roommate again!

Check out our Bayside welcome video!

welcome

And of course, what is a blog without CEN in it? We recently wrapped up 1,2,3 Weekend: All Ways Point to Roger. Our navigational themed weekend kicked off the school year with Gordon Baker-Bone, The Great Gatsby and our annual fall concert: Carolina Liar with opener Todd Carey. Unfortunately due to weather, the concert had to get moved inside the field house but still went off without a hitch! My co-chair and I could not have asked for better performers to work with or even a board to help us make the event and weekend a success. With a great 1,2,3 Weekend behind us…. on to the next one!

CEN

I don’t have all that much to say about my courses so far, as last week was basically syllabus week. I do, however, love the fact that my earliest class is at 10:00am. I’ve finally moved out of the world of 8:00ams…woo! All of my general education courses, COREs, etc. are all completed which is great because every single course I am taking this semester I hand picked, and I think even the ones that are not Anthropoloy/Sociology courses still relate to my major somehow. But I think I hand picked the classes with the most textbooks… time to get reading!

Since moving in around a month ago it seems as if I haven’t had time to blink until today simply because of opening residence halls and putting together 1,2,3 weekend simultaneously. However, now that both are over my hope is that I’ll finally be able to put myself back into some sort of routine. I think this year has already been starting off on the right foot! Until next time!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Similar Posts