3, 2, 1 Blast Off!

Posted By lindsey on May 3rd, 2013

This time of the year makes me happy that I am not a senior, specifically because I am not ready, nor will I probably ever be ready, to leave Bristol. Granted, I cannot afford to be a lifetime college student nor do I enjoy late night study sessions, but this time of the year tends to leave me nostalgic, looking back and wondering why this all is going by so fast. With that said, how is it May already?! Did we skip over April by accident? Aside from spring weekend, I am pretty sure the month of April is a complete blur. Clearly it must have never happened.

Spring Weekend (aka Rogerfest) undoubtedly kept me on my toes. But then again, maybe it was my 30-page paper in one class, and two papers in another class due that same week that kept me running?

Obviously I can very rarely go a blog without talking about what CEN has been up to, so why change that now?

Rogerfest began with a showing of “Across the Universe,” followed by a trip to Fenway Park where the Sox unfortunately not only played in miserable weather, but also lost 13-0. The game itself was fun, although it did make me question whether or not moving to Florida was in my near future. I’ll get back to you on that one. Next was one of my favorite events of the year, Hidden Truth, followed by our sold-out B.o.B and Super Mash Bros concert!!

Hanging with B.o.B--no big deal!

Hanging with B.o.B–no big deal!

And that point, the weekend had basically just started so on Friday we had quad fest, Nick Kroll and then ended the week on Saturday with the block party and fireworks! Fun fact, you can see the fireworks from the giant rock in front of Stonewall (which made duty so much better)! The fireworks basically wrapped up CEN for the year, meaning it’s time to say goodbye to old and hello to the new. See a pattern forming here?

CEN

CEN

I wish I had more to talk about, but my academic life has been engulfed in writing paper after paper, group presentations and studying for exams. Even though I like what I am studying, there is nothing fun about finals time.

Anyway, I can sum up this entire blog in two points:

First, to the incoming students, I promise you that within a blink of an eye you will be over the hump, halfway to graduation. Don’t let a single second slip away.

Second, to the graduating class of 2013, from the wise words of Dr. Seuss from my favorite childhood book, “kid, you’ll move mountains!” Or in our case, maybe you can just move an entire bay? Good luck and we’ll all miss you!

Just like that, another academic year came and went. Orientation 2013… here I come! See ya on the flip side, Roger!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Similar Posts