Long Time No Blog

Posted By lindsey on March 5th, 2013

Why hello there! Long time no… blog? My apologies.

I think that college may have finally gotten the best of me, and I’m pretty sure someone is making up for all of the free time that I had last year. Never have I had four different to-do lists going at the same time, all of which combined take up half of my computer screen. And no, I am not joking… though I wish I were. So, with my “free time” I have come to four conclusions as to why I have so much work to do before spring break.

A)   It’s good to practice how much you can function with very little sleep.

B)   I have to make up for last year and not being all that busy.

C)   It’s midterms week and I actually have midterms.

D)   All of the above.

On the bright side, spring break is right around the corner meaning I’ll finally be able to go home and potentially sleep for a week straight. Productive use of time? Probably not. Worth it, anyway? Yes.

At first I thought this semester would put me over the edge because of involvement. But then I realized my involvement on campus is what keeps me sane when I need a break from studying. For example, I should be doing an assignment that’s due in twelve hours but my brain turned to mush after balancing chemical equations, so blogging is the perfect break! Anyway, I could talk about how I just spent my evening balancing chemical equations and determining how much energy a reaction will make, but instead I think it will be more fun to talk about everything I normally do. Here is the entire month of February in a nutshell.

Last weekend I gave a couple of tours of our residence halls for the Accepted Students Days. It probably doesn’t sound like it could have gone all that badly, and I don’t think it did. However, I’m not necessarily the greatest at public speaking so that was a challenge. And to top it all off, my wonderful CEN co-chair decided to scream my nickname to get my attention while surrounded by parents and prospective students. Never a dull moment with CEN, is there?

February has been a busy month gearing up for March Meltdown, and multi-tasking preparing for Spring Weekend. I’m looking forward to coming back from break and being emerged in exciting events for a week, all which spiral around a James Bond theme! Of course one of the most anticipated parts of March Meltdown is that on Friday the 22nd, the spring concert artist(s) will be announced to the campus at our release party which is bound to be so much bigger than last year. Do you remember how excited you got when you were a little kid and the ice cream truck drove around in your neighborhood? I’m that excited.

On a different note, I finally finished decorating my room a month and a half or so after moving in. Better late than never, right? I’m not sure what happens to all of my wall decorations every time I switch rooms, but it seems as if I’m always buying new posters to hang up. Maybe when I graduate I’ll find a pile of posters and photographs that I thought were lost forever.

Back to academics real quick, then I need to force myself to be productive. I am taking this course called ‘disasters’ as an elective for my major and I have determined that it is by far the coolest class I have taken thus far. We spend everyday discussing disasters such as Hurricane Katrina, the Buffalo Creek Flood and a heat wave in Chicago, and then analyzing how they were sociologically un/natural due to the people that were impacted. In fact, individuals that are impacted by disasters aren’t necessarily impacted at ‘random’. Until this course, I never really considered how many factors such as race, class, age, etc. can influence who experiences a disaster personally. Its sort of weird to think about, but really interesting at the same time. It’s all so fascinating!

Anyway, that’s all for now. I apologize for being so scatter brained. I’ll be back soon to tell you all about March Meltdown and spring break! Thanks for reading!

Tags: , , , ,

Similar Posts