Beginning 2013 with a BANG!

Posted By lindsey on February 1st, 2013

As the title may suggest, this semester hasn’t started off on the quiet side. Somehow, I have managed to be here for two weeks and my clothes are still in a pile in my closet, I haven’t put anything up in my new room and my to-do lists get longer instead of shorter. For the most part I would rather be busy instead of just sitting around and not doing anything worth while, but I really just want one day to do absolutely nothing besides finally settling in and getting ahead of the game before the semester really kicks into full swing.

I came back a week early for RA training and even though my vacation ended sooner than most, I was actually looking forward to being back on campus. Yeah, I am not in London like I had hoped to be, but RWU is my home away from home… so everything happens for a reason right? All it means is that I am living vicariously through photographs on Facebook.

Classes have started… so far so good. I’ve already determined that my favorite class is my “Sociology of Disasters” course. Reading about disasters is so intriguing! (Nerd status.)  Although it is not good reading to do right before bed (unless of course I want to continue dreaming about disasters) in all seriousness–I willingly read for this course, which really should be an accomplishment in itself. But on the flip side, maybe the more I read about disasters the more I can be prepared for when something crazy happens, like a zombie apocalypse. Now if I can just get through my science lab this semester without blowing anything up that will be impressive.

Finally, CEN is busy preparing to make this semester even better than the last. It has definitely been keeping me on my toes this past week but there’s no doubt in my mind that it will be well worth it. Just wait and see what we all have in store for everyone!

Like always, I write blogs when I am avoiding the inevitable (homework). So on that note, I’m actually going to try and get stuff done before the sun rises. I think I’m going to like not having any morning classes!

Tags: , , ,

Similar Posts