View Sidebar
Community

Community

December 12, 2013 9:12 pmComments are Disabled

Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 4.11.35 PM

When someone asks me, “why come to Roger Williams University” the answer is very simple: community. Our community is very supportive and extremely passionate about making RWU feel like a family. A sad example that I wanted to share was the sudden and tragic death of an RWU sophomore student, Cameron Dow. He was a friend of mine and he knew a lot of people on campus leaving many people that were so close to him, including my roommate, and to be honest it really hasn’t seemed real. However, he passed in a car accident during Thanksgiving break and to show how strong the community really is, over three hundred students came on that Monday night back to school to show respect for someone who we have lost way too soon at the candlelight vigil that RWU put together. Currently we are also working on a memorial for this Saturday to be on campus. Its hard losing someone so soon, especially such an amazing person, but those affected by the death have been reached out to and we also have counseling for anyone who feels that they just need to talk. So when I say the community is one of the many reasons I chose RWU, it is because I think of it more as a family and in the two years that I have been here I have only seen it grow stronger.

–Lindsey